So, you're looking to put your Salesforce skills to work in New Zealand? Well, we're here to help! Salesforce is a SaaS-based CRM platform which is starting to pick up momentum in New Zealand, with a lot of companies turning to its multi-faceted business power, to stimulate their systems, their marketing and their automative features. We're seeing a larger volume of companies requesting candidates who have experience in Salesforce, and so as we head into 2022, now is the ideal time to look at your options.
Let's start with why Salesforce jobs are so in-demand, and a good move for a lot of developers.
- Demand. There is a significant supply issue when it comes to Salesforce-skilled talent, and so when the rare few with the skills rear their heads, they are snapped up by the fastest client with the best offer. If you can add Salesforce to your repertoire of skills, you'll be an in-demand asset immediately!
- Money. Systems such as Salesforce are at the beating heart of some of the worlds most thriving businesses right now. Businesses are aware of the importance of keeping this machine well-oiled and of the skills their people will need to possess to do so. If you have the skills, then you will receive, on average, higher salaries in this role.
- Flexibility. Naturally this is a topic for all industries right now, however flexibility was a topic of Salesforce prior to the new-norm. As an online service, Salesforce enables you to work on it anywhere at anytime, meaning that you won't find yourself needing to be tied to a desk or specific computer 24/7.
- The Community. When it comes to career support, it can be daunting given the lack of support available in many other industries, however Salesforce has one of the most powerful and connected communities in the world, giving you on-demand support and advice. Within New Zealand, in particular, owing to the smaller scale of the community, it is easy to link up with these other professionals.
We're finding that a lot of companies are coming to us with a need for Salesforce-skills, including government entities.
But where do I start?
If you've already got the experience under your belt, and are proficient in Salesforce, then you'll want to take a look at our roles or speak to one of our team. Our team are all industry experts, averaging 10 years in the industry. We pride ourselves on using our legitimate experience to help guide your job seeking journey. In all instances, we recommend that you reach out to us for a no obligations, confidential chat, so we can see where you might be a good fit. After all, if you don't ask, you'll never know!
At time of writing, we have dozens of role available for Salesforce in New Zealand, and best of all, you can be located anywhere in the country to do them. Working with top kiwi and international businesses, our team will be able to source you something that suits what you're looking for!
What do Kiwi employers look for, you might be asking? Well there's a few key things these businesses need right now:
- Previous experience in core salesforce products including platform, sales, service and experience cloud.
- Deep understanding of using declarative methods to achieve outcomes with strong skills in Flow, Process Builder, Workflow, Reports and Dashboards.
- Salesforce Integration using declarative integration methods such as Outbound messages, external services, and apex actions
- Understanding of modern development techniques & DevOps frameworks such as Flow, DevOps, Unit testing and CI/CD experience
To be successful in these roles, you'll need to;
- Provide support activities including day to day administration, appropriate checks (health, security etc), troubleshooting and maintenance of the existing Salesforce platform.
- Support the continued build out of key reports and dashboards, data administration and integrity.
- Create and maintain relevant technical design / support documentation.
- Provide technical leadership and demonstrate the ability to drive the successful resolution of incidents, problems, and business implementation issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Environment and Platform Management practices and standards to support our clients change delivery and support activities.
Want to move into Salesforce, but unsure where to start? Check out TrailHead.
TrailHead is Salesforce's training platform, built on the ethos and foundation that the world is evolving rapidly, and so people need the flexibility and freedom to reskill/upskill quickly! It is a free platform to use and get started with, will allow you to resell rapidly, and will give you credentials that will be CV-worthy!